During the week of April 16,
the Library (and the consortium we belong to) will be transitioning to a new online catalog. You’ll see a new look as you search for library materials, and will be introduced to new features. Please note that this transition will not affect program registration, study room reservations, or computer reservations.
What to Expect During the Transition
- Items returned from April 14-April 17 will not be checked in. Due dates will automatically be extended. Nothing will be due April 13-19, so we encourage you to please keep the materials until we are live on the new system
- Make sure to bring your library card with you to the library. We may not be able to look up your account to check out materials to you without your card
- Results in the catalog may not be up-to-date. Please call us to confirm that an item is on the shelf
- Cardholders will be unable to log into the catalog, so users won’t be able to place holds, renew materials, or pay fines
- Your library PIN or password will transfer over to the new system in all CAPS. For example, if your PIN is currently mypin1, it will become MYPIN1
- Your reading history and lists will not be transferred (see below)
How to Save Your Checkout History – Must be Done by April 13
If you have already opted into saving your reading history in the current catalog, you will be automatically opted-in to saving your history in the new catalog, but the list of items you’ve borrowed will not transfer. To save your reading history, fill in this quick online form with your account information. Your reading history will be delivered via email. Please ask at the Service Center or Tech Desk if you need further assistance.
How to Save Your Lists – Must be Done by April 13
- Log into My Account and select View Lists.
- Select a list, then use the checkbox next to the Select an Action dropdown to select all items in the list. Alternatively, you may select a subset of items using the individual checkboxes with each item.
- In Select an Action, choose Email or Print. If you select email, will be prompted for an email address and email subject.
Please ask at the Service Center or Tech Desk if you need further assistance.
New Catalog Features – After April 17
- Seamlessly use the catalog on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Create an easy to remember username to login
- Select your notice preference, including email, text, or automated calls
- Automatic renewals: 3 days before your items are due, the system will automatically try to renew your materials. If you have an email listed in your account, you’ll be notified of the new due date or a reminder if the items cannot be renewed
- Choose your pickup location: inside the Library or at our drive-up window