- Only Cary Area Public Library District card holders are allowed to use the rooms either by reservation or on a walk in basis.
- One must be at least 14 years of age to reserve a study room.
- Check-in with a library card or photo ID at the Service Center is required to use a study room.
- Covered drinks are allowed in the study room 1 & 2, no drinks in Study room 3.
- Food is not allowed in the study rooms.
- Personal items should not be left unattended in the study room. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All rules and regulations as stated in the meeting room policy of the Cary Area Public Library apply to the study rooms.
- Excessive noise is not permitted in the study rooms. Conversations should remain at normal speaking levels as to not disrupt others nearby.
- Library staff reserves the right to deny study room use to any individual or group violating the rules for use and/or any Cary Area Public Library District policies.
Study Room Reservations
- Cary Area Public Library cardholders may reserve a study room up to one week in advance.
- Reservations can be made online (caryarealibrary.info), on the phone, or in person at the Service Center.
- Reservations cannot exceed two hours per day, and two reservations per week.
- Rooms 1 and 2 cannot be reserved for more than 2 people.
- Room 3 requires a minimum of 3 people to be reserved and has a maximum of 6 people.
- Reservations are held for 15 minutes from the scheduled time, after which, the room may be given away.
- Rooms cannot be reserved for the ½ hour prior to the library closing time.
- Rooms are available for walk-in use for up to 2 hours per day, if there are no pending reservations. If a reservation exists for the room, the room must be relinquished to fulfill the reservation.