- Only Cary Area Public Library District card holders are allowed to use the rooms either by reservation or on a walk in basis.
- One must be at least 14 years of age to reserve a study room.
- Check-in with a library card or photo ID at the Service Center is required to use a study room.
- Covered drinks are allowed in the study room 1 & 2, no drinks in Study room 3.
- Food is not allowed in the study rooms.
- Personal items should not be left unattended in the study room. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All rules and regulations as stated in the meeting room policy of the Cary Area Public Library apply to the study rooms.
- Excessive noise is not permitted in the study rooms. Conversations should remain at normal speaking levels as to not disrupt others nearby.
- Library staff reserves the right to deny study room use to any individual or group violating the rules for use and/or any Cary Area Public Library District policies.
Study Room Reservations
- Cary Area Public Library cardholders may reserve a study room up to one week in advance.
- Reservations can be made online (caryarealibrary.info), on the phone, or in person at the Service Center.
- Reservations cannot exceed two hours per day, and two reservations per week.
- Rooms 1 and 2 cannot be reserved for more than 2 people.
- Room 3 requires a minimum of 3 people to be reserved and has a maximum of 6 people.
- Reservations are held for 15 minutes from the scheduled time, after which, the room may be given away.
- Rooms cannot be reserved for the ½ hour prior to the library closing time.
- Rooms are available for walk-in use for up to 2 hours per day, if there are no pending reservations. If a reservation exists for the room, the room must be relinquished to fulfill the reservation.
Need to cancel an existing reservation? (Your confirmation code may be found in your first email response) Cancel your reservation with your confirmation number.