- Cary Area Public Library District (CAPLD) cardholders are allowed to use the rooms either by reservation or on a walk-in basis.
- Non-CAPLD cardholders may use the rooms on a walk-in basis only; priority will always be given to CAPLD cardholders, however.
- Patrons must be at least 14 years of age to reserve any room.
- Check-in, with a library card or photo ID at the Service Center, is required to use any room.
- If a CAPLD cardholder’s reservation has ended and no one has reserved the room the patron(s) may continue to use the room. If a reservation is made, the patron whose reservation has ended will need to relinquish the room.
- Food is not allowed in any of the rooms.
- Covered drinks are allowed in the Study Rooms 1 and 2 and Conference Room; no drinks are allowed in Study Room 3.
- Personal items should not be left unattended in the rooms. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All rules and regulations as stated in the meeting room policy of the CAPLD apply to the Study and Conference Rooms.
- Excessive noise is not permitted in the rooms. Conversations should remain at normal speaking levels as to not disrupt others nearby.
- Library staff reserves the right to deny room use to any individual or group violating the rules for use and/or any CAPLD policies.
- There are no minimums to reserve a Study or Conference Room.
- Study Rooms 1 and 2 cannot be reserved for more than two people.
- Study Room 3 cannot be reserved for more than six people.
- The Conference Room cannot be reserved for more than eight people.
- CAPLD cardholders may reserve a Study or Conference Room up to one week in advance.
- Reservations can be made online (see below), on the phone (847.639.4210, press 4), or in person at the Service Center.
- Reservations cannot exceed two hours per day and one reservation per day.
- Reservation times are booked in ½ hour increments.
- Reservations are held for 15 minutes from the scheduled time, after which, the room may be given away.
- Rooms cannot be reserved for the ½ hour prior to the Library closing time (Library hours).
- Rooms are available for walk-in use for up to two hours per day if there are no pending reservations. If a reservation exists for the room, the room must be relinquished to fulfill the reservation.
(please be sure to read this webpage and Meeting Room Policy thoroughly).
Need to cancel an existing reservation? Cancel your reservation with your confirmation number. Your confirmation code may be found in your first email response.