On Monday, November 23 the Library closed to in-building visits and reverted back to curbside pick up using our Drive-thru window.
As COVID-19 cases increase across the country, the state and, in particular, McHenry County, it is our intention to help stop the spread of this disease by limiting contact between you and staff, while still providing the materials you want during the holiday season.
Reduced service hours:
Monday-Thursday 9 am-6 pm
Friday & Saturday 9 am-5 pm
Sunday – closed
Please note that we are closing at 5 pm on November 25 and closed November 26 for Thanksgiving.
- Our drive-thru pick up is only for CAPL cardholders. If you live in our district, but don’t have a card, apply online now.
- To use the pick up service you must place holds on items through the catalog or call us (847-639-4210, press 4) and we will place holds on items for you. While placing holds in your account, take a moment to check that your phone number and/or email listed are accurate. Watch this video on how to prioritize your holds.
- You will be notified when items are available for you to pick up in our drive-thru. When you drive-thru, please have your library card handy for the quickest service. If you are on foot or bike, please wear your mask.
- Return items in our drive-thru materials returns or in the black box bin inside the front door of the Library. If you are only returning items, you may want to forgo using the drive-thru and instead return items to our black bin in the Library lobby. If you enter the lobby, you must wear your mask.
- We quarantine returned materials for three days and they will stay on your account for that time (don’t worry– we are fine-free).
- Reference services, virtual programming, virtual Book an Expert appointments, online readers advisory, and Homebound Delivery are available to you during our reduced Library hours. Online databases and courses are also available along with e-materials 24/7 through our Digital Branch.
- Access our free WiFi in our parking lot. Find other free drive-up hotspots in Illinois with this handy interactive map.
- Keep up to date with any service changes by visiting our website again, subscribing to our e-newsletter, and/or following us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
Thank you for your patience and cooperation! We look forward to getting materials into your hands.