- As of Monday, May 18, you may begin returning materials to our return slots on the east side of the building. Items may stay on your account for up to 10 days for quarantine, however items will not accrue fines. If you have any Library of Things items, STEM kits and/or Theme Kits, you may return them to the marked bin on the patio on the east side of the building during Curbside hours.
- Due dates on items that were checked out prior to the Library closing in March have been extended to July 1. Items checked out during Curbside Pick Up have due dates associated with when they were checked out. You can check the receipt you received or check your account online for due dates.
- All in-person programs are cancelled until further notice
- Apply for a CAPL card online and access our digital materials and resources with your temporary card. Staff will respond within 24 hours with your temporary card number
- If you have account or general library questions, please contact us online
- You may also call (847-639-4210) and leave a voicemail with your name, phone number, and question and a staff person will respond within 2-3 business days
- Our WiFi is on and accessible in the Library parking lot. You may also check for other free WiFi hotspots in Illinois on this interactive map
If you know of anyone without access to the internet please share that Comcast is offering free internet to low-income households for 60 days
While the building is closed, with your CAPL card:
When will the library building reopen?
We don’t know, but are planning for that eventuality. Some spaces and services will not be available immediately but will be phased into use. We will need to maintain social distancing standards to protect patrons and staff.
When will programming resume in person?
That will be determined by public health agency guidelines.
Will the meeting room and study rooms be available to use?
Neither will be immediately available to use once the building reopens. The use of these spaces will be phased in over time.
What safety measures have you taken for materials?
Returned items are quarantined for up to 10 days, on the recommendation of CDC scientists. We will implement guidelines outlined in the IMLS/OCLC/Battelle study on how best to handle library materials. Staff is wearing gloves while handling items.
What cleaning have you done in the building?
All surfaces, furniture, and carpeting were thoroughly cleaned while the building
has been closed.
Subscribe our e-newsletter for updates.
Lastly, please follow the recommendations of the CDC and stay home if you are sick, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently, and practice social distancing. Stay safe and healthy, folks!