September 1-October 14
Are you a young writer or someone who loves Halloween in grades K-12? Submit an original scary story to the sCary Writing Contest! The creepier the better but please note stories must be family-friendly and may not include any weapons or excessive violence or gore.
Submit your story between September 1-October 14. Submissions will be judged by staff based on the creativity and originality of the entries. A winner will be chosen for grades K-5, 6-8, and 9-12 and each winner will receive a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card. Winners will be announced and submissions will be published in a BOOklet on October 28. Honorable mentions will receive a special designation in the published booklet. Stories may be edited for publication.
Good luck to our young writers, goblins, and ghouls!
- Entrants must be CAPL patrons
- Work must be original
- Work must be submitted electronically
- Work must be family-friendly and may not include any weapons, excessive violence or gore, or profanity
- Short stories must be 500 words or less
- Poems must be 250 words or less
- Tombstone epitaph must be 10 words or less