We can request books, articles, and other media, including materials in other languages and materials for homeschoolers, from libraries across the country. This service is for CAPL cardholders only and your card must be in good standing.
What do I do?
- Search our catalog for the item(s) you are looking for. Be sure to change the Limit By filter to “All Member Libraries” to see if any libraries in our system own the item. If so, then place a hold when signed into your account.
- If you did not find the item(s), search WorldCat, which will show you where items may be available in the US.
- Complete the ILL request form online (see below), in-person at the Service Center, or call us (847-639-4210, press 3).
Things to know:
- While we do our best, some items will be unattainable
- Items generally take two weeks to receive but could take longer
- You will be notified by phone or email when items are ready to be picked up or if we are unable to fulfill the request
- You are responsible for abiding by the lending libraries’ loan period and for any fines charged
Fill out an Interlibrary Loan request: