Job Resources through the Library
Below are some great resources that you can use for job seeking. Subscribe to our Job & Career e-newsletter for the latest programs and news.
Databases and e-Books
Use our database Udemy for expert-led courses on resume writing, interviewing, LinkedIn profiles, and more. You’ll need your CAPL card handy to login the first time.
Besides books, you can also get great online resource books on job hunting, interviewing, and moving forward in your career. Instantly access those types of e-books on the Hoopla app. See our video to get started! You will need your CAPL card handy to login in.
Need More Specific Resume Help?
Looking for someone to review your resume? Two options:
- Cary Area Library staff will review your resume for consistent formatting, grammar, and sentence structure suggestions. Content will not be edited and we will not write a resume for you. Submit your resume here.
- Check out the McHenry County Workforce Network calendar to see if one of their resume critique volunteers is available.
County and Illinois Resources:
- McHenry County Workforce Network: has a variety of programs and services for job seekers and employers seeking assistance in meeting the challenges of today’s job market. Take a look at their online calendar for current job programs. Also checkout their local job postings.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA): Use this eligibility application to see if you qualify for this grant for classes, internships, or on-the-job training for high-demand occupations in Illinois.
- CareerOneStop: Information on general career outlooks, wage trends, find training, and do job searches.
- IL JobLink: Illinois’ help wanted internet job board managed by the Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Cary-Grove Area Chamber of Commerce: features job openings in Cary and Fox River Grove