You may come in to apply in-person at the Service Center
Bring a picture ID with your current name and address, or two other forms of ID with your current name and address (voter ID, mortgage or rental papers, and utility bills). Parents or legal guardians must apply for any minors under 18. There is no age restriction on library cards.
Or you may apply for a library card online:
- Fill out this form. If you apply online, you must supply a current email address or phone number so that we may contact you for follow-up information about your card.
- Via email, you’ll need to provide us with a photo of a picture ID with your current name and address, or two other forms of ID with your current name and address (voter ID, mortgage or rental papers, and utility bills).
- Once verified, your card will be sent to you in the mail.
- Lastly, once you’ve received your library card, please email us a confirmation.
Questions? Contact us.
Replacement library cards
You may replace your card at our Service Center. Adults need to bring in a valid ID. Children may supply staff with pertinent information. The replacement fee is $3, however, there is no charge for seniors, stolen cards, name changes, transferring from a juvenile to adult card, or for old beige cards.
- The first time you log into your Cary Area Public Library account, please enter your entire library card number, using no spaces, into the “Library Card or Username” field. Then enter the last 4 digits of the primary phone number listed on your account into the “Password” field.
- Once you’ve logged in, you are able to create a username if you would like and update your password to something secure. You may also update any contact information settings and preferences.
Other tips to get the most out of your account: