How do I apply for a library card?
- View our Library District boundary map or check your McHenry County tax bill (or Lake County) to make sure you are in the Library District before proceeding.
- Click here to apply for a library card. You must supply a current email address or phone number so that we may contact you for follow up information about your card.
- Via email, you’ll need to provide us with a photo of a picture ID with your current name and address, or two other forms of ID with your current name and address (voter ID, mortgage or rental papers, and utility bills). Parents or legal guardians must apply for any minors under 18.
- Once verified, your card will be sent to you in the mail.
- Lastly, once you’ve received your library card, please email us a confirmation.
Questions? Contact us.