Skip to content
Be a stand out!
- Prepare ahead of time (see Before the Interview section below)
- Ask yourself: What does “dress to impress” mean to your potential employer?
- Better to overdress because jeans, flip-flops and tee-shirts will not impress
- Keep in mind:
- No tank tops, cleavage, belly shirts, short skirts or shorts
- Keep the glam and glitter to a minimum
- Slacks over jeans
- Long hair pulled back – especially if food related position
- Be well groomed in general.
- Don’t chew gum. (Seems like common sense? Well, we mention it for a reason.)
- Prepare a few questions for the interviewer.
- “What do you like about working for XYZ?”
- “When will you be making a hiring decision?”
- Your own original question…
- Arrive five minutes early.
- Shake hands with whoever is interviewing you.
- Smile! Sit at attention (no slouching or leaning back in the chair).
- Thank the interviewer for their time.
- Follow up with a thank-you email or note.
Before the interview
- Be prepared to answer either or both of these questions:
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why should I hire you?
- For more sample interview questions, see this list.
- Research the company by looking at their website to familiarize yourself with their products, services, latest promotions, hours, etc.
- Think of examples of how you have worked with others – it does not have to be through a job. Volunteer work? School project? Sports team? Think of examples within these themes.
- Problem Solving
- Again, look at sample interview questions.