- Patrons must be 14 or older in order to reserve and use a room either by walk-in or reservation.
- Check-in with a photo ID at the Service Center. ID is required to use any room.
- If a reservation has ended and no one has reserved the room the patron(s) may continue to use the room. If a reservation is made, the patron whose reservation has ended will need to relinquish the room.
- Food is not allowed in any of the rooms.
- Covered drinks are allowed in the Study Rooms 1 and 2 and Conference Room; no drinks are allowed in Study Room 3.
- Personal items should not be left unattended in the rooms. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Excessive noise is not permitted in the rooms. Conversations should remain at normal speaking levels as to not disrupt others nearby.
- Library staff reserves the right to deny room use to any individual or group violating the rules for use and/or any CAPLD policies.
- There are no minimums to reserve a Study or Conference Room.
- Study Rooms 1 and 2 cannot be reserved for more than two people.
- Study Room 3 cannot be reserved for more than six people.
- The Conference Room cannot be reserved for more than eight people.
- Patrons may reserve a Study or Conference Room up to one week in advance.
- Reservations can be made online (see below), on the phone (847.639.4210, press 3), or in person at the Service Center.
- Reservations cannot exceed two hours per day and one reservation per day.
- Reservation times are booked in ½ hour increments.
- Reservations are held for 15 minutes from the scheduled time, after which, the room may be given away.
- Rooms cannot be reserved for the ½ hour prior to the Library closing time (Library hours).
- Rooms are available for walk-in use for up to two hours per day if there are no pending reservations. If a reservation exists for the room, the room must be relinquished to fulfill the reservation.