Dig Deeper @ Your Library
June 1-August 9
Starting June 1, sign-up for our all ages reading challenge in Beanstack and begin tracking your minutes. We recommend downloading the Beanstack Tracker app (iOS | Android), but you may also log your reading online or print a paper log beginning June 1 (see below). Finish the challenge and you’ll earn a completion prize, which you may pick up beginning July 1, and a ticket to a grand prize drawing. You can earn another grand prize ticket if you double your challenge minutes.
- Young Readers (infants-grade 1 in the fall) | print the log
Read or be read to for 800 minutes (= 16 min/day, 5 days/week). Adults reading to children can count those minutes towards their own reading challenge. Read an additional 800 minutes for an another ticket into the grand prize drawing.
Grand prizes: a GrowthPic Kids Play Camping Tent and Gear, a Step2 Neighborhood Wagon with Seats, and the Little Tikes Island Wavemaker Water Table.
- Independent Readers (going into grades 2-5 in the fall) | print the log
Read 1000 minutes (= 20 min/day, 5 days/week). Read an additional 1000 minutes for an another ticket into the grand prize drawing. Grand prizes: a $75 Literati Gift Card, 2 National Geographic Kits (Mega Fossil Dig and Earth Science), and the LEGO Creator Treehouse.
- Teens (going into grades 6-12 in the fall) | print the log
Read 1200 minutes (= 24 mins/day, 5 days/week). Read an additional 1200 minutes for an another ticket into the grand prize drawing. Grand prizes: a KiwiCo Maker Crate 3 month Subscription, Fast Foodie Pack (gift cards to local restaurants such as Chipotle, Jimmy Johns, Chick Fil A and more), and a Gaming Pack ($50 Game Stop Gift Card and light up gaming headphones).
- Adults (ages 18+) | print the log
Read 1200 minutes (= 24 mins/day, 5 days/week). Read an additional 1200 minutes for an another ticket into the grand prize drawing. Grand prizes: a $100 Fresh Thyme Gift Card, a $100 Barn Nursery Gift Card, and the Pizza Package ($25 gift card each to Lou Malnati’s, Rosati’s, Romanesco’s, and La Pizza Via) Tips for using Beanstack:
- Take a look at our quick guide or watch this overview video
- If you’re reading an audiobook, check the length for the amount of minutes read
- Use the timer in the app, which you’re able to pause for any interruptions or breaks
- Reading three picture books takes about 15 minutes, so if it’s easier to track books, do so and then convert to minutes in Beanstack
- You do not need to log specific titles. Just select Log a Day, Minutes, or Pages Only, which will add a “No Title” book cover to your title list
- Parents with multiple children can log their children’s minutes by selecting all the readers in the app