Don’t worry, read happy • January 4 – February 28
Starting January 4, sign-up for our all-ages reading challenge in Beanstack and begin tracking your minutes. We recommend downloading the Beanstack Tracker app (iOS | Android), but you may also log your reading online or print a paper log beginning January 4 (see below). Finish the challenge and you’ll earn a completion prize, which you may stop by for beginning February 1, and a ticket into a grand prize drawing of your choice. You can earn one more grand prize ticket if you double your challenge minutes.
Young Readers (infants-grade 1) print a log | print a second chance log
Read or be read to for 400 minutes (= 10 min/day, 5 days/week). Adults reading to children can count those minutes towards their own reading challenge. Read an additional 800 minutes for another ticket into the grand prize drawing of your choice
Grand prizes: Scoop and Serve Ice Cream Counter + Radio Flyer Wagon or NextEx Easel for Two
Independent Readers (grades 2-5) print a log | print a second chance log
Read 600 minutes (= 15 min/day, 5 days/week). Read an additional 1000 minutes for two more tickets into the grand prize drawing.
Grand prizes: Karaoke machine or Snow tube + Geospace Sledsterz Kids’ Snowboard
Teens (grades 6-12) print a log | print a second chance log
Read 600 minutes (= 15 mins/day, 5 days/week). Read an additional 1200 minutes for two more tickets into the grand prize drawing.
Grand prizes: “Music Flex” (Beats headphones + 6 Month Spotify subscription) or “Photocred” (Fuji Film Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera)
Adults (ages 18+) print a log | print a second chance log
Read 800 minutes (= 20 mins/day, 5 days/week). Read an additional 1200 minutes for two more tickets into the grand prize drawing.
Grand prizes: “Local Foodie” ($25 gift card each to The Tracks, Eggville Cafe, Tasty Sushi, and 750 Cucina Rustica) or “Fast Foodie” ($10 or $15 gift cards to Portillo’s , Panera, Chick-Fil-A, Subway, Culvers, Jimmy Johns, Noodles & Co, and Chipotle totaling $100)
Tips for using the Beanstack App
• One-time sign-up: once you’ve signed up, you’re set for this program and any future program you want to participate in
• Easily enter the book you’re reading by scanning its barcode
• You do not need to log specific titles– just select Log a Day, Minutes, or Pages Only
• The app offers a built-in timer to track your reading and see your real-time stats
• If you’re reading an audiobook, just add the stated time length
• Parents/caregivers can register their child(ren) and then log everyone’s reading (parents and each child) with just a couple of clicks
• Parents/caregivers with multiple children can log each child’s minutes quickly by selecting all the readers in the app