Winter Reading Challenge, January 2 – February 29
Begin our all-ages Winter Reading Challenge on January 2. We will be debuting a new system called Beanstack, where you will be tracking minutes spent reading instead of books completed. We’ll set the goal, you reach for it! We’re in the business of encouraging people to read, at their own pace, whether they finish a book or not.
You’ll earn digital badges as you go and tickets to allocate into the grand prize drawing(s) of your choice. So, as in the past, the more you participate the more chances you have to win a grand prize.
We recommend downloading the Beanstack app (search “Beanstack Tracker App” in the Apple App Store or Google Play) to track your reading since it offers such convenient features (see below), but you may also log your reading online or on a paper log if you are not ready to take the digital leap.
Our favorite Beanstack app features include:
• One-time sign-up: once you’ve signed up, you’re set for this program and any future program you want to participate in (stay tuned for other reading challenges!)
• The app offers a built-in timer to track your reading and see your real-time stats
• Easily enter the book you’re reading by scanning it’s ISBN barcode
• Write reviews of the books you read
• Parents can register their child(ren) and then log everyone’s reading (parents and each child) with just a couple of clicks
• For children, the system will prompt you each year to age up/grade up their status