The Library is the place where your money stretches further than many other places all while improving the quality of your everyday life by helping you access information, resources, and entertainment. Everyone can find something to take advantage of and find value in at the Library.
A household in our district worth approximately $200,000.00 pays about $110 in property taxes to CAPL this year. You would be able to buy approximately four hardcover fiction books at list price for $116.89 for the year. You would be able to purchase about four hardcover fiction books and four hardcover children’s books for approximately $116.56 from Amazon for the year. With your library card, you could checkout stacks upon stacks of books (and other media) while paying $110 for the year.
If you’re a regular user, you already take advantage of this and can see the savings at bottom of your checkout receipt. And, since we’re fine-free, there should be no fear of fines holding you back from accessing the Library and all it has to offer.
But what are some other ways to save money (and time) at CAPL?
• CAPL cardholders can try our Library of Things collection, the ultimate in try before you buy (or use once and no need to buy!).
• Access information with your card you’d normally have to pay for— we subscribe so you don’t have to. Choose from Consumer Reports to AtoZ Business and Chilton’s Auto. Learn new skills or supplement your existing ones when it’s convenient for you with access to Creativebug, Mango Languages, Udemy and more.
• Conveniently download and stream eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies, and music from our various platforms, which all have apps. If you’re looking to cancel any digital subscriptions, you can access a lot of the same or similar content with your library card. By using our online offerings you’ll save on gas too.
• If you’re running errands anyway, be sure to set our Drive-Up Window as your preferred pick-up location when placing your holds. It’s quick, convenient and low-contact.
• Save with discounts and deals for area museums and attractions, like Brookfield Zoo and the Anderson Japanese Gardens, by reserving passes with your library card.
• Our readers’ advisory expert can help you find your next read personally or for your book club, saving you time when you’re stuck or want a fresh perspective.
• Last and certainly not least, learn and connect through our programs. Our overwhelmingly free programs offer learning opportunities for all ages, supplemental education for kids and teens, and, of course, fun!
Checkout this return on investment calculator to see how much you save by using the Library.